What is Essential Protein?
Essential Protein is our multi source protein blend containing added creatine and amino acids. Each 30g serving provides over 20g of protein making it excellent value for money. It's made from a combination of 80% whey protein concentrate, 85% micellar casein, 90% soy protein isolate and 90% whey protein isolate and is ideal for helping you increase your protein intake so you can gain lean muscle or bulk up.
Who should use Essential Protein?
Essential Protein is exceptional value for money. It is ideal for anyone who wants to increase the protein content of their diet without spending money on lots of expensive separate supplements. Weight for weight, it's cheaper than pure whey protein and contains added ingredients, such as creatine, that can further enhance your training goals.
How does Essential Protein work?
Protein is an fundamental element to any athlete or training enthusiasts nutritional protocol. Put simply protein is essential for growth and repair of all cells, including muscle cells. It is important to consume a minimum of 1g of protein per pound of body weight daily to support lean muscle growth and recovery. As a general rule we recommend 2-3 servings of Essential Protein per day to help you achieve this target.
What's included in your Essential Protein?
Essential Protein is a blend of whey protein concentrate, micellar casein protein, soy protein isolate, whey protein isolate, creatine monohydrate and additional amino acids, including glutamic acid and taurine.
- Whey Protein: This is considered the gold standard in protein and we've included a combined 31.75% of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. These fast release protein sources are rapidly digested to kick start the recovery process and deliver the essential amino acids needed to promote lean muscle growth and repair.
- Micellar Casein: We have also included 20% Micellar Casein. This pure casein protein is produced to be the slowest absorbing available on the market. Micellar Casein has been shown to keep amino acid levels elevated for up to seven hours after consumption.
- Soy Protein Isolate: This 90% protein offers excellent value and has a fantastic amino acid profile, which is particularly high in glutamic acid and Arginine. Of all the non-dairy protein sources soy protein’s amino acid profile is most closely matched to that of whey.
- Creatine monohydrate: Essential Protein delivers 1.5g of creatine monohydrate per serving. Creatine is shown to increase lean body mass, and improve explosive exercise performance through increase availability of ATP muscle energy stores.
- Amino Acids: We have included 1.5g of taurine and 1.5g of glutamine per 30g serving. As two of the most abundant amino acids in working muscles, taurine helps to fuel nutrient delivery whilst glutamine plays a key role in protein synthesis and the repair of muscle tissue.
How should I use Essential Protein?
Essential Protein is ideal for use during the day between meals, post-workout and before bed to keep your muscles fuelled with vital amino acids. Protein is essential for growth and repair of all cells, including muscle cells, and it is therefore necessary in order to experience training adaptations. Recent research has shown multi source protein blends to be more effective at promoting protein synthesis than single protein sources alone.