BudgetingAs soon as you get hold of your student finance, make sure to budget it and do not blow it all away at once! Believe it or not, but the number of students that have dropped out of university due to money concerns has increased by 35% over 1 year. So what do you need to budget for?
- Rent / Accommodation
- Course requirements i.e. books/trips
FoodWhat you don't want to be doing is living off pasta and beans, your studies thrive off optimum energy levels and concentration. So how can you eat nutrisiously on a budget?
- Buy your meat in bulk (works out cheaper).
- Shop late at night or on a Sunday when produce is reduced and is at it's cheapest.
- Buy your fresh fruit and vegetables from the local market.
- Plan your meals ahead so that you have the correct ingredients to cook your meals.
- Cook a meal in a batch and freeze it for the rest of the week.
- If meal prep isn't your thing then stock up on GoNutritions Fresh Meals from only £4 per meal!
Health and WellbeingNow that your budgeting is sorted, it's time to focus on your health and wellbeing so that you can reach your potential. Let's look at a few ways that you can maintain your health and wellbeing.
SleepFor your body and organs to function at optimum levels, you need an efficient amount of hours of sleep. The minimum amount of hours is 8 but this can vary from the individual and their energy expenditure during the day.
Plan Your DayBy this I don't mean plan your day minute by minute, but set aside time every day to study, relax, and fulfil any other errands that you need to run that day. Falling behind with studies is never a great move and you'll wish you were more organised from the start. [caption id="attachment_6112" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] Food we eat during work, concept bed habit[/caption]
Get InvolvedAt the beginning of university there are always so many events to attend and meet new people. Whether it's at the fresher's fair, students union or on a night out! You'll find it easier to make friends at the beginning of the year and it'll put your mind at ease having someone to speak to, especially if you're struggling with being away from home.
Be PreparedWhy not treat yourself to a Student Essentials Bundle? With this you get..
- Essential Protein - The perfect protein supplement for growth and repair
- CLA - Supports fat loss and prevents muscle break down
- Green Tea Extract - Green tea increases the metabolic rate and the body's rate of fat oxidation (Hursel 2009)
- Buchsteiner Shaker - Well how else are you going to consume these nutrients?!
More Student Essentials...
|Whey Isolate 90||CLA||Burnmax|