Chocolate Orange Protein Cheesecake recipe ingredientsBase Ingredients:
- 100g Natural Almonds
- 20g Cocoa Powder
- 12g GN Whey Protein 80 Chocolate Orange
- 30ml Orange Juice (Juice from 1/2 an orange)
- 75g GN Whey Protein 80 Chocolate Orange
- 500g 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 2x Large Eggs
- Zest of 1 Orange (2tsp)
Nutritional content (Per one piece out of 12)
- Kcal 123
- Protein 12.8g
- Carbs 3g
- Fat 6.5g
InstructionsCheesecake Base Method:
- Pre-heat your fan oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Begin by placing your almonds into a food processor and grinding them for a few minutes. Depending on preference you can either make these into a fine flour, or keep them a little chunky for texture.
- In a bowl add in your cocoa powder, whey protein and the juice from half an orange, finally adding in your ground almonds and mixing it until you have a nicely combined, mouldable texture.
- Spray a 6" springform pan with a little 1kcal oil (or grease it however you wish) then press down your mixture firmly into the base, making sure you get it right to the sides and spread evenly.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes and whilst it is baking, proceed to making your filling. If the timer goes and you are still making your filling, just keep it to one side, it doesn't matter if it cools.
Cheesecake Filling Method:
- In a food processor, add your eggs and beat for a few minutes until you have a creamy, frothy mixture. Next add in your Greek yoghurt and again beat for another couple of minutes. The idea is to get as much air into the mixture as possible.
- Grate in the zest of an orange, then add in your protein and beat for a further few minutes, scraping the sides down occasionally to make sure you don't miss out on any bits!
- Remove your base from the oven (if you haven't already done so) and proceed with pouring your mixture on top of the base. You may want to spray the sides with a little more oil to ensure it is nice and easy to remove after baking.
- Place the cheesecake tin into a baking tray and add a little water so that it comes up past the very bottom of the tin by 1-2cm. This adds moisture in the oven as it cooks and it may well have helped with the final texture.
- Place the cheesecake into your fan oven at 160 degrees and bake for around 35-40 minutes on the middle shelf.
- After 35-40 minutes turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in their for at least another 20 minutes. This will let it slowly cool, cooking off the residual heat and making sure the middle cooks through nicely.
- Finally, once cool, remove your cheesecake from the oven and place it in the fridge and leave for at least a few hours to fully set. Ideally, cheesecakes taste better the longer you leave them so if you can leave it overnight I would suggest it! When you are ready to serve, run a knife around the edges of your pan to unstick the sides and cut into the desired number of slices and enjoy!
- I topped mine with a final bit of orange zest and voila, chocolate orange cheesecake is done! The taste and texture was amazing, and if you want to try something a little different, freeze a slice for 20 minutes, the texture is even nicer! Enjoy