In his debut exclusive GoNutrition recipe, Macro Mitch discusses the secrets behind his delicious Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe... I love fudge. It is such an indulgent treat, very calorie dense packed and full of fats and sugar. I limit eating it to odd occasions or on the weekends, however with that in mind I set out to make a healthy and protein packed version with the Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe!
Introduction to the Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipeGoNutrition is quickly building a fantastic reputation within the fitness industry. They have a whole range of amazing products and flavours and so I was excited to get the opportunity to work on a few recipes for them! To start off with I had to decide upon a protein flavour to use. As I love chocolate fudge, I opted for the Chocolate Peppermint flavoured Go Whey Protein 80. Upon opening the bag you can smell the minty chocolateyness and the flavour did not disappoint!
TextureNext I wanted to make sure it had a nice texture and so opted for a combination of almond butter and coconut oil. These both also provide some good healthy fats, which are something that I don't often have enough of in my diet. The almond butter has one ingredient: "100% Roasted Almonds" and with over 25g of protein per 100g. It's a fantastic source of protein and the coconut oil, apart from tasting absolutely delicious (especially in coffee) has so many health benefits!
Maca powderThe final Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe ingredient is something a little special. I spotted this on GoNutrition's site and had to give it a go - Maca powder. "Maca Powder is a root vegetable from the Maca plant. It is native to the South American Andes in Peru and for centuries was used by the Incas as a Superfood and medicine. Maca root is classed as a superfood due to its great nutritional profile, it is a complete protein, meaning it provides all eight essential amino acids. It is high in both soluble and insoluble fibre, is a fantastic source of low GI (Glycemic Index) carbohydrates and is packed with vitamins and minerals." It has a slightly nutty, sweet taste and it adds a whole other element to these delicious fudge pieces!
Easy to makeThis Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe can be so easily adapted, just mix it up, get the texture and taste to a consistency and flavour you like and let it set in the fridge! You could add coconut flakes, chopped nuts, dried fruit, even chocolate chips if you want to make them even more indulgent. So give this Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe a go and let me know what you think!
- 30g Almond Butter
- 30g Chocolate Peppermint Snaps Go Whey Protein 80
- 10g Coconut Oil
- 20g Maca Powder
Nutritional content (Per one piece out of 12)
- Kcal 38
- Protein 2.5g
- Carbs 1g
- Fat 2.4g
- Begin by melting your coconut oil. I did this by simply adding it to a bowl and microwaving it for a minute or so.
- Next, simply throw in your ingredients and mix until your batter starts to form.
- You may need to add a little water to get the right consistency. It should end up being one big ball, easy to mould into individual pieces.
- Finally, divide it into 12 pieces and leave to set in the fridge. I pushed half of mine into a star shaped ice cube tray but form these however you like!
- It's seriously that simple. Make it into as many pieces as you like and feel free to customise it by adding nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes or even chocolate crisps.
- Enjoy the Chocolate Peppermint Protein Fudge recipe!