- 50g Icing Sugar
- 50g Pecan Nuts
- 200g Plain Flour
- 110g Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 120g Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 110g Light Muscovado Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Add the pecan nuts in a small pan and toast them over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until evenly toasted, shaking frequently.
- Once toasted, tip the pecan nuts onto a plate and leave to cool. Once cooled chop the nuts finely.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with 5 tbsp of water, stir well and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract, sugar, icing sugar and soaked flaxseed. Whisk for 2 minutes with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Next, add in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, pecan nuts, chocolate chips and flour until the mixing bowl until combined.
- Put heaped table spoons of cookie dough onto the baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden!