Christmassy Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
[caption id="attachment_6572" align="aligncenter" width="2400"]
Recipe by @emilysinger.x
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are the must have this season with a fresh glass of milk! These dairy-free nibbles can be prepped and baked in under 20 minutes, so why not get stuck in with this festive treat?
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Add the pecan nuts in a small pan and toast them over a medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes until evenly toasted, shaking frequently.
- Once toasted, tip the pecan nuts onto a plate and leave to cool. Once cooled chop the nuts finely.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with 5 tbsp of water, stir well and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the vanilla extract, sugar, icing sugar and soaked flaxseed. Whisk for 2 minutes with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Next, add in the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, pecan nuts, chocolate chips and flour until the mixing bowl until combined.
- Put heaped table spoons of cookie dough onto the baking trays and bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden!