- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 8 Braeburn Apples
- 150ml Double Cream
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Icing Sugar (Topping)
- Cream or Ice Cream (Topping)
- 6 Rectangular Toaster Waffles
- 75ml Whole or Semi-Skinned Milk
- 100g and 1 tbsp. Soft Brown Sugar
- Peel and core the apples and cut into 8 pieces.
- In a pan, melt the butter and add in; the brown sugar, 1/4 tsp. of the cinnamon, a pinch of salt and the apple pieces.
- Toss all apples and mixture together and gently simmer for 10 minutes, until the apples are starting to soften and absorb the dark caramel source.
- Stir in half the cream until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken, then remove from the stove.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish and preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180ºC.
- Whilst the oven heats, whisk together the extra 1 tbsp. of brown sugar with the cream, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Tear the waffles into chunks and dunk them into the cream mixture until lightly soaked.
- Make sure to shake off all excess mixture and then place over the apples to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the waffle topping is golden and firm.
- Whilst the waffles are cooling, mix together the rest of the cinnamon with the icing sugar to dust over the top.
- Add your extra cream or ice cream to serve on top.