Fitting In The Summer Sunshine Around Work
Working during the summer can be such a tease, especially when you're sat in the office all day with the sunshine beaming through the windows!
So how can you embrace the summer and switch up your usual routine with some outdoor training?
Luckily, we're here to provide you with some of our top tips on maximising your time spent training outdoors.
Time organisation is key to getting everything done that you need to in a short efficient amount of time. Try waking up 30 minutes earlier to get a few minor chores done before you start work, this way you won't need to worry about doing them when you get home!
Time-saving morning hacks
- Put any washing in the machine so that it's clean and ready to dry for when you get home
- Wash up straight after making your breakfast
- Do any hovering that needs to be done
- Prep your vegetables/meat for dinner
Avoid Public Transportation
If you're inside all day due to work, the last thing you want to be doing is avoiding more glorious sunshine on your commute every day. Can you jog, cycle, walk to work? Even if it means getting up slightly earlier, you will feel fresher and a lot more energized ready to start your day. Did you know that 20 miles of cycling a week can reduce the risk of heart disease by 50%?
Make The Environment Your Gym
You've finished work, it's now time to hit the gym for that summer cut, which means missing more of the weather. So why not take the opportunity to workout outside? Here's a list of ideas for you to try.
- Workout in the park (many PT's train their clients here)
- Join an outdoors squash/tennis group
- Take your dog for a hike
- Join a running club
- Outdoor yoga
Enjoy a BBQ or Two
Now, this seems like a crazy idea, right? But it's actually very logical. All you need is a BBQ, meat, and a pair of shades! Why choose to cook inside when you can do it outside whilst catching the rays? Not only will your food smell fresh, but your body will also produce more Vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for strong bones, and a lack of this vitamin can cause fatigue and skeletal deformities. But make sure to always
wear your sunscreen!
Keeping Healthy During Summer
- Hydration is key - check out our Electrolyte Powder
- Get at least 8 hours sleep per night - feed your body with the right nutrients with Vit-Elle or Ultiman
- Keep eating regularly and don't skip meals. If you're struggling to eat large meals due to the heat then why not snack on some Natural Almonds?
|Whey Isolate 90