- 3 Pears
- 3 Apples
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- 6 Wooden Skewers
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 175g Light Muscovado Sugar
- 280ml Carton Double Cream
- (Alternative fruit can be used if required)
- Soak the 6 wooden skewers in cold water for around 30 minutes.
- Cut the pears and apples both into 6 pieces.
- Slowly melt the butter in a pan and add in 100g of the muscovado sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Once dissolved, leave to bubble for around 30 seconds and pour in the cream. Bring the mixture to boil and whisk until smooth. Set the mixture aside until warm and not piping hot.
- Heat the grill to a high temperature and leave to warm.
- Toss the fruit in the lemon juice, remaining sugar and cinnamon. Once covered, thread the fruit onto the skewers and arrange in one layer on a baking tray.
- Grill the fruit for 5 minutes, turning once when golden and serve with the warm butterscotch sauce.
- Toffee Crunch
- White Chocolate
- Chocolate Fudge
- Millionaires Shortbread
- Chocolate Honeycomb Crunch