Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts recipe
In her first GoNutrition recipe, Samantha Hadadi shares with us how to put together a tasty Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts recipe...
Who doesn’t love a gooey, decadent chocolate tart? I don’t think there are many things quite more satisfying than digging in to a slice of pure indulgence. Except perhaps when that pure indulgence is actually pretty good for you…and chock full of good fats and protein.
Now that really is satisfying - and so hopefully is my Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts recipe!
I’m a huge fan of GoNutrition’s Whey Protein 80
in Triple Chocolate (come on, who doesn’t love a chocolate shake?), so I was thrilled when I managed to turn my favourite flavour into something pretty amazing.
This Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts recipe is the perfect weekend treat. They’re full of flavour and give you that chocolate hit, but with none of the bad stuff involved.
With a base made from nuts (full of protein and fibre), protein and raw cacao (loaded with antioxidants) and a filling made with avocado (good fats!), banana, cacao and protein, you can’t really go wrong…
Now, pour yourself a bullet coffee and indulge.
Nutritional Content of Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts Recipe
- Cals: 472
- Fats: 38g
- Saturated: 3.4g
- Carbs: 20.8g
- Sugars: 11.3g
- Protein: 18.7g
(Makes 6 mini tarts)
For the filling:
- 1 Large, ripe avocado, pitted and chopped
- 1 Ripe banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 Scoop GoNutrition Whey Protein 80 in Triple Chocolate
- 3 Heaped tbsp. raw cacao
- ½ Cup cartooned coconut milk
- ¼ Cup GoNutrition Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 10 Medjool dates, stoned
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the salted date Maca caramel:
- 2 tbsp GoNutrition Maca Powder
- 1 cup of dates, chopped and soaked in warm water
- ¾ cup Almond milk
- Sea salt, to taste
Mini Chocolate Protein Tarts recipe Method:
1) In a food processor, blitz together the ingredients until the mixture sticks together. Press the mixture down into 6 loose-bottomed mini tart tins, ensuring it goes up the sides too. Place in the freezer to set.
2) In the meantime, make the filling by blitzing the avocado, banana, milk and coconut oil until smooth. Add the cacao, vanilla and whey protein and mix again until incorporated.
3) Here’s where you taste your filling – if it’s not chocolatey enough, add more cacao. Not sweet enough? Add a squidge of honey! If you want it thicker, add more whey protein, or more milk if you’d like it runnier.
4) Spoon the filling into your set cases, then top with whatever you fancy (cacao nibs, chopped nuts, dessicated coconut – they all work a treat). Place in the fridge to chill.
5) Make the date caramel simply by blitzing the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Place in the fridge until ready to serve with your tarts!