Recently, I’ve totally gone off protein bars. While I used to consume at least one a day for convenience, I’m beginning to see how many of them are little better than glorified chocolate bars- not to mention the ridiculous prices to purchase them individually from supermarkets! While I may still have the occasional GoNutrition protein cookie as a well-deserved treat, baking your own protein goods is a fun way to keep your diet under control.
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Enough big spoonfuls of peanut butter to create a gooey consistency
- 2 scoops GN strawberry whey with just enough water to mix
- 2 heaped spoons of self raising flour
- Low calorie sweetener (optional)
- Simply mix all the ingredients together and transfer to a tray greased with 1 cal cooking oil
- Cook in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 15 minutes
Approximate macros for one (1/9 of the finished product):
- Protein: 8g
- Fats: 6g
This post was brought to you by GN Academy member Savannah Westerby. If you’d like to find out more about the GN Academy or apply to join then you can do so here.