[caption id="attachment_3355" align="aligncenter" width="620"]
Peanut Butter Brookie[/caption]
There's little more delicious than a gooey, chocolatey protein brownie. Except, that is, for a Peanut Butter Brookie - or a brownie stuffed with a cookie, to you and I.
I mean, what could seriously be better than a cookie and a brownie in one?
Made gluten-free and free from refined sugars, and with added protein, this indulgent dessert is the perfect Saturday night or festive treat, without breaking the diet.
Peanut Butter Brookie Ingredients:
For the brownie -
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 6 tbsp cacao
- 2 scoops Whey Protein (Triple Chocolate)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g unsweetened apple puree
- 40g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
For the cookies -
- 3.5 tbsp peanut flour
- 1 scoop Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6.5 tbsp Peanut butter
- 4-5 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Handful dark chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Brookie Method:
1) Preheat the oven to 170C, then line a muffin tray with silicone cases. Start by making the cookie mix. In one bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Then, gently melt together the honey and peanut butter, then stir until smooth and add in the salt and vanilla, then the egg once the mixture has cooled slightly.
2) Stir the dry mixture into the wet until combined, then mix in the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into eight balls, then place in the fridge to firm up (this stops them from spreading too much in the oven).
3) In the meantime, make the brownie by mixing together the almond flour, cacao, protein and coconut sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla and apple puree.
4) Gently melt together the 4 squares of dark chocolate with coconut oil, then stir into the egg mixture. Mix into the dry mixture until just combined, then dollop spoonfuls of the mix (I used two tablespoons per muffin case) into the silicone cases and smooth up the sides and across the bottom to form a brownie 'case'.
5) Place the brownies in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and fill with the chilled cookie dough balls. Place back in the oven to bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before devouring.
Peanut Butter Brookie macros:
- 270 calories
- 14.1g fat
- 21g carbs (13g sugars)