Protein Lemon Drizzle Cake
Nothing quite beats a slice of cake served alongside a mug of tea - it's one of life's greatest pleasures.
In fact, the only thing better is knowing that the cake you're eating is not only utterly delicious, but also incredibly healthy.
This Protein Lemon Drizzle Cake, created with some of GoNutrition's
finest ingredients, is made as pure and as natural as possible, making it perfect for a guilt-free Sunday treat. Plus, with almost 10g of protein per slice, this cake is the perfect post-workout snack!
For the lemon sugar syrup (optional, but adds a great moistness to the cake)
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Whey Protein 80 (Vanilla)
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Stevia
- 2 tbsp Grass-Fed Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- Juice of 2-3 lemons (to taste)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Squeeze Lemon Juice (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract
1) Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with baking paper. Process the cake ingredients together until smooth, then pour into the loaf tin and bake for 35 - 45 minutes (covering half-way with baking paper if it browns too quickly) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
2) While the cake is baking, make the sugar syrup (optional) by heating the ingredients in a pan on a medium heat until a thick syrup forms. Set aside until the cake has cooked, then prick the loaf all over with a fork and liberally brush the syrup over with a pastry knife (you don't need to use it all!). Leave to cool.
3) In the meantime, make the frosting by mixing together the ingredients until smooth, then drizzle over your cooled cake. Cut into slices and enjoy.
Macros (8 slices):
Based on one serving:
- 194 kcal
- 9.7g protein
- 9.5g carbs
- 14.7g fat