In their debut exclusive GoNutrition recipe, The Protein Chef reveals the secrets behind their Quinoa Tortillas recipe ...
These tortillas resemble Indian chapattis in look and texture but have a distinctly nutty taste. Quiona is naturally high in protein and gluten free so these tortillas are perfect for those on a gluten free diet or those looking to increase their protein intake. The addition of chia seed powder adds a healthy dose of fibre as well as omegas 3, 6 & 9 – healthy & delicious!
Tip - If they do cool down too much and crisp up then you can microwave them for a few seconds in the tea towel to soften them up before filling! My favourite filling is grilled chicken, avocado, crispy bacon, tomato and light mayo but fill with whatever you like!
Quinoa Tortillas recipe ingredients
Nutritional content (Per Quinoa Tortilla)
- Kcal 231
- Protein 6.1g
- Carbs 31g
- Fat 6.1g
- In a large mixing bowl mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and tip onto the dry ingredients along with half of the water.
- Stir until the mixture starts to combine. Get one hand into the bowl and begin to press the mixture together, adding the second half of the water little by little as you bring the dough together. Initially the mixture will seem quite crumbly but don’t panic!
- Tip the dough onto a floured surface and knead for around 5 – 7 minutes until your dough becomes smoother and less crumbly.
- Heat up a large flat bottomed frying pan while you roll out your tortillas using a floured rolling pin.
- Dry fry each tortilla for around 90 seconds on each side.
- Once cooked wrap in a clean tea towel to keep them warm and supple – they will crisp up if you allow them to cool down.
- Enjoy the completed Quinoa Tortillas recipe!
Quinoa Tortillas recipe Summary
This Quinoa Tortillas recipe will provide three wraps.