RECIPE: No Bake Blueberry Protein Cheesecake
If you know me you will probably know I love a good protein cheesecake. Generally I make baked versions, the texture and macros can be fantastic and as a post workout snack, or a high protein breakfast!
I have a few different recipes including chocolate orange, vanilla and mixed berry and one of my favourites, vanilla and peanut butter all of which have had great feedback, however I realised I hadn’t made a no bake one yet!
No-bake ‘cheesecakes’ or flans are something I used to make all the time due to their pure simplicity, texture, taste and macros. They are so easy to whip together and can be customised and added to depending on your individual taste, preferences and macro requirements.
This recipe uses the Blueberry Cheesecake whey and of course, with the addition of my trusty friend cinnamon, the flavour comes out fantastic. Top it off with a handful of natural walnuts and plenty of fresh blueberries and BHAM, job done. This recipe is simple, quick and delicious. Enjoy!
[caption id="attachment_2653" align="alignnone" width="620"]
No Bake Blueberry Protein Cheesecake[/caption]
No Bake Blueberry Protein Cheesecake Ingredients:
60g Blueberry Cheesecake Whey Protein 80
8 Natural Walnuts
250g Extra Light Soft Cream Cheese
12g Powdered Gelatine
50ml Boiled Water
125g Fresh Blueberries
1. Begin by mixing your gelatine and boiling water in a bowl so that it is completely dissolved.
2. Next, in a food processor add your quark, cream cheese and gelatine mixture and beat it for a few minutes until smooth.
3. Scrape the sides down, then throw in your protein and cinnamon and beat for a further minute or two so that your mixture is well combined.
4. Pour your mixture into a 6-7” spring form baking tin and add in half of your blueberries so that when it sets they are integrated into the whole mixture.
5. Top with your remaining blueberries and walnuts and then place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours. The longer you leave it, the more the flavour develops so ideally make this in the evening, leave to set in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning for a delicious, high protein breakfast!
6. Feel free to add a base or try this with different flavoured protein and add in whatever extra ingredients you like such as nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or marshmallows – the possibilities are endless.
[caption id="attachment_2655" align="alignnone" width="620"]
No Bake Blueberry Protein Cheesecake - half eaten![/caption]