Christmas Pudding Energy Bites
[caption id="attachment_3275" align="aligncenter" width="650" class=" "]
Christmas Pudding Energy Bites[/caption]
From the tins of chocolates to the warm mince pies, brandy butter, trifles and butter-basted turkey, Christmas is not the time of year to be watching your weight.
Speak to anyone, and you'll soon discover a favourite festive treat, whether that may be Quality Street, Terry's Chocolate Orange, or perhaps a shortcrust mince pie, fresh from the oven.
However, for me, there's just something about the smell and taste of Christmas pudding that gets me every time. It tastes utterly delicious, yet seems to be decadent and indulgent too. Plus, is there anything better than enjoying a steaming bowl of pudding with a dollop of cream? I think not...
These Christmas Pudding Energy Bites are the lighter, healthier way to enjoy my favourite treat. Packed with protein thanks to the nut butter and whey, these little morsels will keep you going through all your Christmas parties. Plus, they look amazing, don't you think?
Christmas Pudding Energy Bites Ingredients:
- 200g nut butter of choice
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g oats
- 4 tbsp Whey Protein 80 (Vanilla)
- Zest half orange
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mixed fruit (I used cherries and apricots)
- 1 handful pecans, chopped
Christmas Pudding Energy Bites Method:
1) In the microwave, melt together the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in 20 second blasts until combined (around one minute).
2) Stir in the zest, spices and vanilla, then add the rolled oats, vanilla protein, fruit and pecans and mix well. Roll the mixture into balls, then set aside to firm up. If the mix is too sticky, then stir in more oats or protein. Too dry and add a touch more coconut oil or honey.
3) Once the bites have hardened, decorate as desired!
Christmas Pudding Energy Bites macros:
- 241 calories
- 15.8g fat
- 20.6g carb
- 9g protein