Sweet Potato Protein Brownies:
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre as well as containing a good array of vitamins and including iron, calcium, selenium, and they're a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C. So when there was an opportunity to create a Sweet Potato Brownie, we said why not!
450g sweet potato peeled & steamed/boiled, then puréed using a food processor or stick blender
4tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
4tbsp golden caster sugar
• Preheat oven to 180*, & line a brownie tin with parchment.
• Use a blender to whizz the oats to a fine powder. •Add all the dry ingredients, and pulse in the blender to mix
• Add the sweet potato purée, and pulse again til a smooth consistency and well mixed.
• Pour into the lined tin, use the back of a spoon to level out.
• Place in the oven for ten minutes or until the top of the brownie is slightly crispy and springy
• Remove from oven, allow to cool, then slice into 15 portions.
Nutritionals: 12g Carbs, 3g Fat, 5g Protein
Recipe created by Jake Chapman (@jjc_fit)