- 150g Butter
- 1 tbsp. Soy Milk
- Strawberry Jam
- 360g Plain Flour
- 3 tbsp. Golden Syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tbso. Vanilla Paste
- Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- 1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
- 25g Jammie Biscuit Whey
- 100g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla paste. Whisk together until soft and creamy.
- Next, add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, stirring until all the mixture comes together. Add a dash of milk if a little dry.
- Once the dough has come together, flatten it and wrap it in clingfilm, then transfer it to the fridge for 1-2 hours until very firm.
- Take a large piece of grease proof paper and dust it lightly with flour. Remove the dough from the fridge and place it on top of the paper, rolled out to 3mm thickness.
- Using a 6cm round fluted cookie cutter, cut out 32 rounds and put them onto the prepared baking trays.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut shapes from the middle of 16 cookies. Put them into the fridge for 15 minutes and preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put both trays in the oven for 6-8 minutes until the biscuits turn lightly brown and remove, allowing to cool.
- Once cooled, take the biscuits and flip them over. Add a heaped tsp of your chosen jam onto each biscuit without the hole.
- Add the holed biscuit ontop and press down gently. Dust with icing sugar to finish.