1. Fat LossWell it's a no brainer isn't it? Many sugary foods have a high glycemic index and contain a high amount of calories. This results in you feeling full and energised for a very short period of time, before feeling sluggish, tired and hungry again. Dropping your sugary calories by just 200kcal a day can help you lose 10lbs over the course of 5-6 months. Need a pick me up without those excessive added calories? Dextrose provides a high energy source - perfect to take pre workout and contains only 198kcal per 50g serving.
2. Goodbye DiabetesWe all know that increased sugar can lead to a development of type 2 diabetes, which is a lifelong condition that causes blood sugar levels to be too high. When consuming sugar, fatty deposits build up around your liver which contributes to insulin resistance. As a result this 'undoes' the work of your pancreas - which regulates the body's glucose and sugar levels. Research Eating 150 calories of added sugar is 11 times more likely to contribute to the development of type 2 diabetes, compared with 150 calories from protein or fat (1). Taking 3 of our BurnMax tablets a day can help you to achieve your weight management goals. BurnMax contains White Kidney Bean Extract which prevents the breakdown of carbohydrates (reducing the amount of calories absorbed by starchy foods).
3. Clearer SkinThe reason that many people who consume large quantities of sugar have bad skin is due to the insulin levels spiking, which leads to inflammation throughout the body (spots). This inflammation produces enzymes which break down collagen and elastin. Collagen is vital to providing your skin strength and elasticity, whilst also replacing dead skin skills. Research When non-soda drinkers consumed one 12-ounce can a day for 3 weeks, their inflammation levels increased by 87 percent! (2) Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which enhances the immune system and can reverse some of the oxidative damaged cause by free radicals.
4. 8 Hours of Sleep? No ProblemSugary foods have a high GI (glycaemic index) which means short boosts of energy until you're feeling low again and need another pick me up (which is usually when you start to feel tired). Eating foods with a lower GI means that your energy is prolonged throughout the day, and no mid day naps are needed! Added sugar also triggers the release of the hormone cortisol, which is a steroid hormone that controls how the body uses sugar (glucose) and fat for energy (metabolism). Our range of Fresh Meals can be suited to your individual macronutrient goals, ensuring that your sugar intake is adequate to your requirements. With 3 hampers to choose from (Cutting, Performance and Bulking) and 8 dishes - your energy levels will stay optimized throughout the day.
5. Improved Heart HealthConsuming excessive amounts of sugar chronically raises insulin levels, which activates the sympathetic nervous system. In return this increases blood pressure and heart rate. When decreasing your sugar intake, you will expect to see a 10% decrease in LDL cholesterol and a 20 to 30% decrease in triglycerides after a few weeks (3). LDL is low density lipoprotein which is seen as the 'bad cholesterol'. Need something to snack on? Our Natural Walnuts contain no added salt, sugar or flavourings. Walnuts are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids such as oleic and palmitoleic acids, which help to lower LDL cholesterol.
6. Mental Blockage No More!Sugar over time can cause symptoms such as forgetfulness, confusion and all round dizziness, this is due to the sudden drop in glucose levels. Not only does this affect your energy, but also your concentration (hence the forgetfulness). Want to be sharper? Ditch the sugar! Did you know that taking Omega 3 supports a healthy heart and brain function? References
- Dr. Lustig - Author of Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease.
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- James J. DiNicolantonio - St. Luke's Mid-Atlantic Heart Institute in Kansas City
|Whey Isolate 90||CLA||Burnmax|